A Spiedie is fresh cut cubes of meat, marinated for days and grilled on a charcoal grill. Chicken, lamb, pork or beef.Today I cut up chicken breast into bite-size cubes and marinated for 3 days. I used frozen so they could thaw in the marinade. We always cook them on a charcoal grill for the best taiste and you absolutely positively have to serve them on fresh Italian bread!
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 6 cloves garlic smashed
- 2 dried bay leaves crushed
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp dried red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh mint chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme chopped
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Skewers- metal or bamboo
Spiedie Marinade: Combine all of the ingredients except the olive oil in small food processet bowl, blend well.
Cut the chicken breasts into 1 inch cubes and place in a glass bowl with a lid. Pour marinade over the chicken and refrigerate at least overnight 2 days, I always do 3 days.
Preheat a grill to med/high heat.
Thread the chicken on skewers (about 8 or so per skewer) and grill about 5-8 mins, turning to cook each side.
Serve with fresh Italian bread or whatever you have on hand.