Lamb is fantastic when marinated and grilled. Just a few spices and a couple minutes on the grill, this meal comes together in no time. Oregano, thyme and lemon zest make an easy but flavorful overnight marinade. The grill does the rest.
Tuscan Lamb Chops
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon zested
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp fresh thyme chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil Lightly chopped
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper if you like spice
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- Pinch of salt & black peppe
- 8 rib/loin chops (about 1-1/4 inches and 6 ounces each)
Whisk together all of the marinade ingredients add the lamb chops and toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
Bring to room temperature and warm grill to medium high.
The lamb chops can be grilled to 145 °F (medium rare), 160 °F (medium), or 170 °F (well done).
Serve with grilled asparagus or other vegetables and Avocado Tzatziki
It’s so refreshing – you will love it!
- 1 large avocado peeled and pitted
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream Or sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine the avocado, garlic, lemon juice, Greek yogurt (or sour cream) and cucumber. Use a food processor for a creamy sauce or mash with a fork for chunky.
Season with red pepper flakes, parsley, mint, salt and pepper, and mix well.
Cover and refrigerate before serving