When you take chicken out with no idea what to do with it, you butterfly it and add Mediterranean spices, spinach and Parmesan cheese. Oh, and red pepper flakes too!
Tuscan Baked Chicken
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts boneless and skinless butterflied open
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Oregano dried
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach chopped
- 10 pitted Kalamata olives quartered
- 2 tbsp Mediterranean Seasoning
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp parsley finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes to taste
Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
In a small bowl, mix garlic, oregano, and Mediterranean seasoning with 2 tbsp of olive oil.
Open the butterflied chicken breast and season both sides with salt and pepper. Spread 3/4 of the mixture evenly over both butterflies breasts. Top with spinach, olives and then cheese. Do not over stuff, close (fold over) the breasts. If you need to use toothpicks to keep the chicken closed, you can.
Place on a baking sheet and sprinkle the remaining seasoning over the top. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the temperature of the chicken reaches 165°.
Rest for 10 minutes, slice and garnish with parsley.