Quick and easy, you won’t find a tastier combination of vegetables and grains together. It began as a clean out the fridge kind of day and became this delicious grain dish for my work lunch’s this week!
I have newly discovered love for Lemon Pepper and use it whenever I can. This dish was no exception. Between lemons and Greek seasoning, I knew this dish would be a hit. I hope you like it too
- 1 cup large zucchini cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup medium eggplant cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil divided
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Pepper
- 1/2 cup scallions chopped
- 1 tablespoon Greek spice blend
- 3/4 cup dry pearl barley
- 4 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 10 pitted Kalamata olives quartered
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons mint chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 lemon juiced
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl combine the zucchini, eggplant, 2 tablespoons Olive Oil, and Lemon Pepper. Transfer to a lightly greased sheet pan. Roast for about 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender and golden. Remove from oven and cool.
Heat Vegetable and bring mixture to a boil, add barley and cook according to package directions. Remove lid and let the barley cool.
Once the roasted vegetables and barley have cooled, transfer them to a large mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and toss to combine.